Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tough time of it today

I have late night meetings with my development team on Mondays and Wednesday so I end up staying up way to late on those nights and the next day ride in can be hard. Today I just wanted to sleep for another hour but I had to get my ass going and get to work...so without coffee or anything to eat I put on my new Salsa wool riding jersey and got on the Casseroll...man were my legs toast, I couldn't believe it I was in a low gear and I still could barely tumble the pedals forward. I love Phil Liggett the Tour de France announcer because of his poetic way of describing cycling, anyway I was pooped and I hadn't even hit the first hill. I truly had to dig deep and the head wind was not helpful at all but I made it in time for my first meeting of the day.

I was talking with a friend and he was saying how he likes to ride because it slows him down and I like that idea a lot. Too often I get wrapped up in the news, politics or sports and I don't have enough time to even breathe let alone think about life outside of work, like art and painting...it is a long process getting back to the place where painting direction flows, and I can already see where I am feeling calmer and relaxed with my approach...now I just have to wrap up a few of these paintings that I started a while back.

I need lights for my bike I rode home in partial darkness and I can see but I am not too sure others can see me very well...I have to look for lights this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment