Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ride Captain Ride

I started to ride my bike to work as much as possible. I rode 6 days on my mountain bike and my hands were numb and I had to carry a backpack with my computer in it, which was very uncomfortable and hot...so I went out with the blessing and urging of my wife and bought a commuter bike: Salsa Casseroll with side bags for my stuff.

I have ridden twice this week so far and I have shattered my previous best times by almost 5 minutes. There are several hills both up and down on the 12.7 mile course and I really want to be able to do it in less than 40 minutes which would mean I need to average almost 19mph which sounds doable at some point...just not sure how soon I can ride that fast. I am excited to see how many days over the next year I can ride, through winter and summer, rain or snow or heat...I am not a mailman and even though I have run 25 marathons this sounds harder because I have to get up and ride everyday to and from work, no matter how tired or sore I am...just thinking about riding everyday is daunting to me and I am hoping that this blog will help me stick with it.

I also want to go back to the original idea of writing this blog about art stuff too...so I have 21 canvases ready to go. i have started on the first 6 and I will post pictures soon so we track the progress of them as I work each one...that's all for now.

I am excited to get back on the bike...another hot day in sunny Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment